I love arugula salads, and recently, I’ve been drawn to using crisp celery more and more in my salads. So I made this delicious arugula salad with sliced celery stalks, chopped celery leaves, quick roasted mushrooms, and blue cheese.
Admittedly you’ll need to prepare the mushrooms beforehand; You can roast the mushrooms and let them sit to the side for 10 minutes or so, to cool enough so they won’t wilt the salad, or go ahead and serve the salad warm. Or, cook a batch of mushrooms for dinner earlier in the week, and reserve what you’ll need to make this salad, another day.
To roast the mushrooms, simply toss sliced mushrooms with olive oil, salt and pepper, and cook in a single layer on a baking sheet at 425F for 10 minutes.
Arugula-Celery Salad w/ Mushrooms & Blue Cheese INGREDIENTS
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 2 stalk celery, sliced, and leaves chopped
- 8 mushrooms, sliced and roasted as above
- ⅛ – ¼ cup blue cheese, as desired, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt, pepper
Arugula-Celery Salad w/ Mushrooms & Blue Cheese METHOD
- Place all the salad ingredients in a medium-sized bowl
- Add the dressing ingredients on top, and toss gently to coat all the greens in the dressing. Serve immediately.