During the warm summer months I often simply combine a few fresh fruits with some fresh herbs, and a quick dressing and put it on the table as a side dish to whatever else we’re eating.
Recently, I put this lovely salad together, but really, if you dice the pieces so they’re small, rather than cube the fruit, this dish can double as a topping for tacos, grilled salmon, or a turkey burger.
I used fresh mint here, but you could replace it with basil, cilantro or parsley if that’s what you have on hand, or the flavours you prefer.
Corn and peach salad INGREDIENTS
- 3 fresh, ripe peaches: cut the flesh off the pit, discard the pit and dice or cube the fruit
- 1 mango, skin removed, and flesh cut off the pit; discard the pit and dice or cube the fruit
- 1 ear of grilled or boiled corn, kernels cut from the cob
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 mint leaves, finely chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 generous pinch of sea salt, or to taste
Corn and peach salad METHOD
- Combine all the ingredients and toss gently to combine all the fruit and cheese with the lemon and oil dressing. Serve chilled, or at room temperature.