I think it’s time.
It’s mid–May now, so springtime. Time for iced tea!
But not just regular iced tea from the supermarket: herbal iced tea, available in so many fruity, floral varieties.
Hibiscus. Sour cherry. Apple, with rose hip.
And it couldn’t be easier: buy a box or two of herbal tea bags. Boil a full kettle of water and pour the hot water over 2-3 tea bags in a large pitcher or jar, and let steep on the counter 30 minutes, or so. Refrigerate.
Enjoy the tea straight, if you like, or better yet, try a few easy add-ins or garnishes to make it special. Ice is an automatic.
It’s easy to make a pitcher of tea for the fridge and customize by the glass.
- Lemon, lime, or orange slices (or wedges) added to the glass
- Add fizzy water
- Try 1/2 lemonade, 1/2 fruit tea
- Toss some fresh berries and mint into the glass
- Add some ginger ale or ginger beer
- Pour a splash of pineapple juice over the tea and ice
- How about a shot of vodka or white rum? Or sparkling wine?
Is it backyard bbq season yet? Are you planning on outdoor entertaining?
You’ll want to keep this in mind!