For years I’ve made these roasted salted almonds for the winter holidays.
I usually roast some throughout the year, too, but come December, you’ll find a jar of these roasted and salted almonds at my house.
In fact, I don’t use a recipe anymore, rather I estimate the amounts of ingredients. These roasted almonds are simple treat to prepare, and it only takes a few miniutes. The actual amounts are listed below so you can try making them yourself.
Roasted Almonds INGREDIENTS
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup raw almonds
- sea salt
Roasted Almonds METHOD
- Pre heat oven to 425F
- Over medium-low heat, melt the butter along with the sugar in a small pot or frying pan
- Once it’s melted, add the almonds, and stir well to be coat all the nuts
- Pour the buttered-coated amonds onto a sheet pan, in a single layer and roast in the preheated oven for eight minutes
- Check the alomonds: shake the pan a bit to loosen the almonds and expose their glossy wet sides, then sprinkle with two generous pinches of sea salt.
- The almonds should be a deep golden brown; if not, returnthe pan to the oven and cook an additional two minutes, or until the nuts reach the desired colour.
- Allow the nuts to cool completely before serving or storing.